Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Saran Wrap Nails= Complete Nail Fail

Hi guys! I wasn't planning on posting this because I wasn't pleased with how they came out, but I figured someone out there might enjoy seeing people's failed mani's. I know I do! It kind of reassures me that I'm not the only one who messes up new techniques and such.

Anyway, after seeing multiple pictures and checking out a couple tutorials, I decided to give the saran wrap nails a try. Maybe it was just my color combo, but either way it just looked...odd. At least it did to me. I used OPI Sparrow Me The Drama as the base color and OPI Mermaid's Tears over top of it, which is the polish that the saran wrap is supposed to pick up and create a "marbled effect".


"Why on earth is there music in the background?" someone out there is thinking that and I can feel it. Reason being I was practicing clarinet for auditions on Sunday and took a quick break and decided to just snap a couple pictures to show you the failure of a mani this is. I disliked it so much that I didn't even bother to try to take a normal, decent picture. I screwed up the ring finger by waiting too long to touch it with the saran wrap and had to start that one all over and it turned out odd looking. And to me, every other one looks like I did my nails then accidentally touched them on objects and messed them up. Maybe a different color combination would work better? I'm not really sure. 

Does anyone have any good tutorials or tips for the saran wrap nails? I thought it looked simple enough, but this doesn't even look good to me. I have to be doing something wrong. 



No comments:

Post a Comment