Friday, August 3, 2012

NOTD: Essie Big Spender and Zoya Kissy

I actually only wore this for about 5 hours before I decided I didn't like it and changed it, but I thought I'd share it anyway, despite the poor lighting. I really tried to get a good picture but at 5pm the light from my window just doesn't cut it apparently. For the base color I used two coats of Essie Big Spender, and for the accent nail I added two coats of Zoya Kissy over two coats of Essie Big Spender. I topped it all with one coat of seche vite. I found out later that even though I thought I could get away with two coats of Big Spender, it was really a three coater, it was spotty and I really did not want to look at it any longer than I needed to. The combination is a nice one though.



Essie Big Spender has great application, you MIGHT be able to get away with two coats if you don't do thin coats and take your time with it, unlike what I did. I was at my grandparent's house and it was very dark where I was painting them, I don't recommend doing that, it looked great in the dark, but once the light hit it, the bare spots were revealed. Zoya Kissy is one of my favorite Zoya's. I recommend layering this polish over a similar base color, I've worn it by itself before and it's very spotty and sheer, so it requires at least three coats.


No comments:

Post a Comment