Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat Review

Good afternoon everyone! Today I don't actually have any swatches or nail art to show you. I tried saran wrap nails and failed at it, so I haven't taken any pictures. I may take some later just to show you guys my nail fail.However, I do have a quick little review to share!

About a week and a half ago I decided I wanted to try a new topcoat. Why? Because my Seche Vite is a bubbly mess with glitter particles and such stuck in it from using it so much that it's just picked up unwanted particles along the way. I have been refilling this bottle since before last Christmas, so that may be why! Either way I decided to try out another Sally Hansen topcoat. My first topcoat ever was a Sally Hansen one, and I loved it! So I'm giving Sally Hansen a shot, and it wasn't actually that bad!


The instructions on this topcoat say to wait two minutes after applying nail color and then add a coat of this topcoat. 

According to Sally Hansen's website, it "Keeps manicures beautiful up to 10 days! Exclusive Acrylic Polymer Complex helps get you out of the door in a flash — just 30 seconds to set! High-gloss superior shine."


The Pros:

  • It doesn't shrink the tips when applied over dry polish
  • It does dry rather quickly- 30 seconds is probably a stretch, but it's drying time is definitely up there with other popular quick dry topcoats.
  • Good consistency- not too thick, not too thin. Definitely thinner than Seche Vite though.
The Cons:
  • Since it's rather thin, it's not good for evening out nail art like Seche Vite is
  • It's not quite as shiny as other topcoats
  • It seems to get air bubbles in it very easily. Almost every time I've used it it's had quite a few air bubbles. However the air bubbles in this seem to be easier to brush away, unlike in thicker top coats
  • This may not be a con for everyone, but I'm not a fan of the red bottle, I prefer top coats to be in clear bottles.While you can see through this bottle, the red kind of masks the air bubbles and you have to look closely to see the topcoat in it. Better than the first Sally Hansen Top Coat I had which had a silver bottle that wasn't even see through! 
I can't comment on the lasting ability of this top coat, since I haven't had it on for more than about 2.5 days, but in that amount  of time it didn't chip, it did get a bit of tip wear and scratches on it though.

I'm going to be completely honest. This is an alright topcoat depending on what you're using it for, and that's about it. Is it my favorite? No. BUT it's only about $5 and since I don't usually keep my polish on for more than a couple days, it works well enough for me. I still prefer my seche vite though, I think it's just more shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment