Friday, August 17, 2012

Playing with Striping Tape!

Good morning guys! Well, I guess it's still night since it's only 2 am, but I wanted to post this before I go to bed since I'll be very busy tomorrow.

Over top of I Vant To Be A-Lone Star from yesterday's post, I decided to try out the striping tape I recently got! Not to shabby for my first try! I definitely need to make sure the tape is down all the way though, there's some spots where it started to come back up and I didn't push it back down before painting. Oops!

I used 2 coats of OPI How You Blue-In'? over top of OPI I Vant To Be A-Lone Star.




And, because I thought it was weird looking, what my nail looked like with the striping tape on and after painting How You Blue-In'? over it. It reminds me of a spider. A weird, oddly shaped, possibly dead, spider haha


What do you guys think? Are you a fan of using striping tape in this way, or do you prefer to just cut the tape to the length of your nail and leave it on to create stripes?

Personally, I prefer using it as a guide to do stripes, I can only imagine that after a little while of wear the tape would just peel up and drive me insane!

No comments:

Post a Comment