Thursday, August 2, 2012

Quick Mini Haul!

Well, is it still considered a haul if they're rejects from your step mom? Probably not. I guess this is a "nail polish my step mom bought herself then realized she didn't like so she gave them to me" post. This actually happens a lot, she'll always buy some then find out she didn't like the color, it didn't look the same as the bottle, it didn't look good on her skin tone, etc. So here is what i acquired from her:



Left to right:
China Glaze Below Deck
China Glaze Admire
Nicole by OPI It Starts With Me
Orly Rock the World
Maybelline Express Finish Mod Mauve

All swatches were three coats, except for Below Deck, which was only two.


Do you see this uneven mess? This is the brush on the Nicole by OPI polish. This is my first Nicole by OPI and I have to say, I'm very disappointed in the quality of this brush, it's completely uneven, as you can see, and was just poor. It reminds me of the Sally Hansen Insta Dri brushes, except less even. I'm assuming this was just a defective brush, but since the packaging said "New Perfect Stroke Brush", I had higher expectations. It wasn't hard to work with at all since I'm used to larger brushes, but I think uneven brushes like this should never make it's way into a polish. I know if I'm spending a good amount of money on a nail polish, I want the brush to be just as good as the polish itself, not an uneven mess. Hopefully the polish quality is better than it's brush's quality. 

Other than that brush, they all seem very promising. I already had a bottle of Below Deck so I know for a fact that it is promising, but as for the others I'll do real swatches another day and see just how good they are, I'm thinking Rock The World may be a tad sheer, and Admire looks like it will show a lot of brush strokes, but I guess we'll have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment