Friday, July 27, 2012

Yellow, Black, and Silver Stripes



Polishes Used
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lightening
Art Deco Black Sparkles
China Glaze Icicle 

Would you believe my brother picked out the colors and design? Inspired by a snake, he suggested I do yellow with silver and black stripes, he meant horizontal stripes but didn't specify that until I was already done with my left hand.

First I painted my nails with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lightening, I did three coats. Once that was pretty much dry I freehanded a silver stripe down the middle with China Glaze Icicle, and immediately after I used Art Deco Black Sparkles to do a black stripe down both sides of the silver stripe. Then I finished with a coat of Seche Vite after completing every nail to reduce the chance of the ends shrinking due to dry polish.

This is probably one of the easiest ways to do stripes, especially since your silver stripe doesn't have to be perfect since the black stripes along the sides will help to hide imperfections with your black stripe, perfect for beginners, or for people like myself who are impatient most of the time and want to do something different than plan polish but don't want to take the extra time most nail art designs take.

This actually reminds me of a design I did a couple months back where I used OPI Fly as the base and a white polish down the middle with black polka dots and a black stripe on each side of the white, I wish I photographed it though, it was one of my favorites, despite the staining from OPI Fly.


2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say how much talent you have. You are an excellent artist. These nails look great! I followed and am looking forward to more fantastic posts. I hope you'll swing by my blog: http://elizabethsbeautybucket.blogspot.com/
    I'm just getting sttarted but hope to go places soon. Keep up the fantastic work and i can't wait to see more beautiful nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! and I'll definitely swing by your blog, I'm just getting started too so I know what it's like :)

      Delete