Sunday, July 22, 2012

NOTD: Blue Gradient


I'm really into the Gradient trend lately. This is only my third attempt at it but hey, not too bad! I'm still trying to improve my technique though. 
The Base color is Essie's Borrowed and Blue followed by Essie's School of Hard Rocks and Bobbing For Baubles with an accent nail in Icing's Hey Sailor Boy. 

I could be wrong, but Hey Sailor Boy looks like a close dupe to Deborah Lippmann's Across The Universe. Don't take my word for it though since I don't own Across The Universe to compare it to. 

I'm not sure how I feel about these two looks together, but separately they're both fantastic colors! All three of the Essie polishes were pretty easy to work with, Borrowed and Blue took about three coats to be even and fully opaque, but if you take your time you could probably get away with two coats. Hey Sailor Boy also took three coats to be fully opaque. I'm not sure if my camera captured it or not, but it has green glitter in it as well as the blue glitter, very pretty!

Edit: I didn't notice the glare from my curtains until just now, please forgive me for the glare on my middle finger and my pinky! 


No comments:

Post a Comment