Sunday, July 29, 2012

Purple and White Polka Dots


Base Color- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Lacey Lilac
Dots- China Glaze White on White

Would you believe the purple stayed perfectly intact through moving, lifting, disassembling furniture, and ripping up carpet, trim, and carpet tack strips? Because it did. I painted my nails with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Lacey Lilac on Friday night, then the next morning for 4 hours I was cleaning out one of our bedrooms and ripping up carpet. Basically I was not going easy on my nails at all. And guess what! No chipping, whatsoever. So I decided to push my luck and see if I could get a couple more days of wear out of this before chipping begins. 

Over top of Lacey Lilac I used my dotting tools I purchased from Ebay to make polka dots using China Glaze White on White. Since I didn't want to have the tips shrink again by using more Seche Vite, I added a coat of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Invisible to it once the dots dried. 

Please excuse the dry cuticles, ripping that carpet up may not have hurt my nails or nail polish, but it sure did make my cuticles, and my hands overall, look and feel very dry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment