Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Orange Mixed Mani (aka Skittle Nail Art)

Last night around 1am I had the urge to add something to my nails, but couldn't decide what, so I attempted my first ever mixed mani! I was feeling\ inspired by this post from The Nailasaurus so decided to give it a go over top of Color Club's Sparkle and Soar that I had put on a couple hours earlier. Not too thrilled with the end result. 


I was trying to get a picture to show my thumb, but taking a good one with my thumb in it was a lot harder than I expected!

Thumb to pinky (Base of Color Club's Sparkle and Soar)
Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Jewel Overcoat in Multi-Faceted
OPI Black Spotted
Gradient with Sally Hansen Black Out
Polka dots with Sally Hansen Black Out and large dotting tool from ebay
Stamped with Sally Hansen Black out and Bundle Monster plate BM-223


And finally, featuring my clarinet: since my love for nail polish is almost as great as my passion for playing clarinet.

I didn't quite think the color combination through though, once I already started I realized it was very Halloween-like, which is why I'm about to remove it and probably swatch one of my new Zoya's. Next time I attempt a mixed mani like this, I'll probably wait until I'm a bit more creative so that it looks better and I'll save the black and orange color combination for closer to Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment