Monday, September 3, 2012

Studded Neon Half Moons

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone is having a fantastic Monday morning so far, I know I am! Sadly once I finish queing a few posts I'll have to start on my pile of homework, which I should have started already. Yay procrastination! And then once that's done, it'll be practice time! Yippe practice time! My first solo piece I get to work on in college with my AWESOME professor is the Weber Concertino . I am beyond excited about this! Now enough yapping, on to the polish!



I know this is blurry, but I feel like it portrays the true color of Pool Party the best, so I'm showing you all anyway. :) Actually, if I tilt my laptop screen more the top looks accurate too. So you know what, judge for yourselves, I guess it depends on your screen haha

For today's mani I started off with my new basecoat, Essie First Base Basecoat (watch out for an upcoming review!), two coats of Sally Hansen White On, and then a coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Topcoat. Once that dried I placed reinforcement labels (those little circular ones to reinforce holes in paper) in the spots I wanted, and painted on three coats of China Glaze Pool Party, and attached some circular studs from bornprettystore.com to hide any imperfections in my half moons, and finished with another coat of topcoat. 

I really love neon with studs. It's summery, it's fun, but the studs just made it badass..in a girly neon kind of way. 

A little note about the studs: I used nail glue to apply them here. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS. The only reason I used nail glue was because of my previous experience with the little steel balls. However I used the studs on my nails a couple days ago for a different mani and used regular clear polish, and 2.5 days later, I've only lost one, and that was because I picked it off myself. Unless you do a lot with your hands, I think clear polish would work just fine. The nail glue was just a pain for me to remove since I only wore this a couple days.


No comments:

Post a Comment